It’s no secret that websites are not set-it-and-forget-it projects. After your website initially launches you may need help with its upkeep. Webflow is an incredible platform that empowers non-technical folks to continue adding content to their websites, but there may come a point when having a Webflow expert can save you or your team energy, time, and money.
If you find yourself in this position, we would love to help! We are an experienced Webflow team who can jump into just about any Webflow site and get to work, even if we did not do the initial build ourselves.
Our processes and requirements for ongoing agreements have been fine-tuned after working with many different clients and teams on their Webflow sites over the last few years.
Types of ongoing agreements that we offer
The active retainer
If you have weekly or even daily website requests, you may be a great fit for an active retainer. We’ll become fairly integrated into your team to get things done.
Active retainer client requests are added to our team’s priority support list, meaning we will always be sure to have time on our calendar available to take your requests in a timely manner.
We only commit to a small number of active retainers at any given time in order to maintain a high standard of quality in our service.
Active retainer clients must connect with our team on Slack to make requests and we will also prefer that you invite us to your project management platform of choice (like Asana, Trello, Clickup, etc) for other communication. Requests are not taken via email for active retainers. You or your team are encouraged to set up a recurring weekly or bi-weekly meeting to connect with your TINYK professional.
The passive retainer
Those who need to update their website a few times a month may be a good fit for a passive retainer. Frequency of requests you would send our way would be expected to be 2-3 times a month.
Passive retainer client requests are added to our team’s priority support list, meaning we will always be sure to have time on our calendar available to take your requests in a timely manner.
Passive retainers can grow into more active retainers over time if needed. If you start to make more requests than we are comfortable taking under a passive retainer, we may suggest that you upgrade to an active retainer or reduce your amount of requests.
Passive retainer clients may connect with our team on Slack to make requests and we will also be happy to join your project management platform of choice (like Asana, Trello, Clickup, etc) for other communication. Otherwise, requests can be made via email. You or your team may request a recurring bi-weekly or monthly meeting to connect with your TINYK professional.
The hourly agreement
We understand that not all clients are able to commit to a retainer agreement and that many still want access to a professional team with the right level of experience to entrust their site updates to. That’s why we’ve included an ongoing hourly agreement to our service offering.
You may be a good fit for an ongoing hourly agreement if you want us to keep a bit of availability on our calendar for requests that you may have once in a while.
Hourly agreement client requests are not added to our priority support list, but you can be sure that your requests will be fulfilled at the highest quality and we will communicate clearly on our timelines for completion. Hourly work requests can be made via email only.
Types of requests that we accept under the ongoing agreements above
- Adding or updating content on your site
- Adding new sections to existing pages
- Adding new pages to your site
- Adding or updating your CMS collections or collection items
- Adding third-party scripts or integrations to your site (e.g. analytics or a live chat)
- Advising on or helping plan your website strategy
Types of requests that we do not accept under the ongoing agreements above
It is still possible that we can help you with these, but they will likely require a more custom agreement.
- Building you a new website
- Completely redesigning your website
- Designing custom graphics, illustrations, or icons for your website
- Improving your site’s page speed or quality score, if it is currently performing poorly
- Performing premium SEO requests for your site like schema, building citations or backlinks, monitoring search performance, etc
- Building overly complex functionality into your site. These requests must be discussed on a case-by-case basis. If you’re not sure, just ask!
Why work with TINYK instead of another agency or a freelancer?
- TINYK is technically an agency, but we operate with much more flexibility and less bureaucracy than your typical website agency. We're experts at what we do and we do have best practices and processes in place, but we're set up in a way that allows us to respond better to multiple client requests at once. Our processes have been born from working with many different teams to manage their Webflow sites - we've learned a lot along the way about what works and what doesn't.
- A freelancer's bandwidth will quickly get eaten up if they take on even one new project or client. At TINYK, we have multiple people ready to work on your website requests. There's also the benefit of having multiple minds who can work through a problem rather than a solo freelancer who may be stuck with a lack of resources.
- We're committed to helping maintain sites over time. Agencies and freelancers will often do a great job during an initial launch of a site but won't be around to help you down the road when something comes up. Even if they SAY they will, that might not be the case when the time comes. With TINYK, we're in it for the long haul.
- It can't be stressed enough that there are a number of best practices that should be considered whenever a change is being made to a Webflow site. It is FAR too easy to make a mess of a site built in Webflow and this can very negatively affect how your site performs and how easy it will be to maintain over time. It's not worth entrusting your site to someone who does not have the perspective that can only come from experience. Here at TINYK, we have that experience and perspective to make the most informed decisions as we make changes to your site.
Passive retainers, active retainers, and hourly agreements all operate under a flat rate. If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out about our ongoing Webflow services here.